On this page : Aims of the School | Mission Statement | Value Statement
The Aims of the School
- To be an inclusive school, which welcomes all children from its community and provides challenging educational experiences for each individual.
- To provide an interesting and stimulating environment, which reflects the cultural diversity of the school and its community.
- To help each individual to strive to reach his/her full academic potential through the provision of a motivating and relevant curriculum which concentrates on providing children with good literacy and numeracy skills whilst ensuring enriching learning experiences.
- To provide a welcoming atmosphere based on positive relationships, where everyone is valued and any discrimination is always challenged.
- To promote a culture of life-long learning which promotes education beyond the confines of the classroom and engages parents in the learning process, as individuals and in support of their children.
- To be a healthy school by teaching children how to have a healthy lifestyle, both physically and emotionally, producing healthy adults of the future.
- To provide a safe environment in which to learn. To teach children how to stay safe and how to make wise choices for their future life.
- To create an environment where children can attend, enjoy and follow a personalised route to success.
- To create an ethos where positive behaviour is encouraged and self confidence can flourish, in order to deal with life’s changes and challenges.
- To develop attitudes where ambitions are strived for and children are aware of pathways to qualifications, or skills, to make them real.
Our Mission Statement
- At Whittaker Moss, education is about learners experiencing the joy of discovery, solving problems, being creative in every area of the curriculum; developing confidence as learners and maturing physically, socially and emotionally.
- This school will combine high standards with a varied, exciting curriculum.
Education will be the fusion of excellence and enjoyment. Learners do better when they are excited and engaged and when there is joy in what they are doing. Then they learn to love learning.
- Literacy, mathematics and ICT will be the backbone of our children’s success in learning. We will build on our strengths to serve the needs of our children using the skills of everyone in the school.
- This school will drive its own improvement, set its own challenging targets and recognise that for the sake of our children, we can always do better.
- Everyone at Whittaker Moss will have high expectations and set high standards for themselves and others. All will be treated fairly and listened to. All will have the opportunity to take responsibility, build their self esteem and develop their self confidence.
We will build a partnership with parents by giving good information and seeing them as partners in the education process.
- We will provide activities outside school hours to extend and enrich learning.
- The headteacher will put into place effective systems for quality assurance self evaluation that in school will promote high standards of behaviour by teaching positive behaviour to all learners. We are a Rights Respecting school who believe that all children have rights, but alongside those are responsibilities.
- This will be a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively, happy place where children feel secure, where good behaviour is expected and where children positively enjoy
Our Value Statement
- The ethos of our school is based on care, consideration and respect for other people – their feelings, their property and their general well being.