In September 2007 Governors agreed that the wearing of school uniform be compulsory for all children who attend Whittaker Moss Primary School (with the exception of Nursery Class).
This decision was taken by the Governing Body in response to many requests from parents and in the interests of –
- having a clear policy on clothes to be worn for school that can be communicated to all parents and children,
- having a shared identity and sense of belonging which children can be proud of and represents the school and all our families well, both inside and outside the building,
- ‘best value’ in terms of cost of uniform items as compared to many other brands,
- a less argumentative start to the day for some!
Here is a reminder of the Whittaker Moss school uniform
- Grey trousers or a grey skirt
- Pale blue polo/cotton shirt
- Optional pale blue and white check summer dress
- Burgundy sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo (School jumpers, sweatshirts and book bags are available from Ziggy’s school-wear shop on Yorkshire Street in Rochdale)
- Ordinary black shoes (not coloured or striped shoes and not trainers
- If girls wish to wear boots in winter, these should be black and with a sensible heel.
- Can we remind parents that all items of clothing and footwear should be clearly labelled with your child’s name or initials.
Hair Bands and Bobbles
From September 2015, any hair bobbles worn at school should be plain and in school colours or a dark colour e.g. navy, black. Headbands should be thin and plain, again in school colours or a dark colour e.g. navy, black. Fancy bands with adornments e.g. large flowers should not be worn for school.
PE and Games Kit
From September 2015, children will need the following for PE lessons at Whittaker Moss:
- Black or navy shorts/leggings
- White T-shirt
- Black pumps.
Children in Key Stage 2 also need a Games kit for school which should comprise of:
- Black or navy tracksuit
- White T-shirt